For Susan - BookmarkBridge - Bookmark Manager

techultra

From the Freeware Wish List

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/FreewareWishList.php

Bookmark Manager

REQUIREMENTS: Combine Netscape and IE bookmarks; when bookmark is added
to one list of bookmarks, the other list is altered as well, in
realtime.
WHY NEEDED: No Existing Freeware

Well here it is ( sort of :)

BookmarkBridge 0.72 Beta

BookmarkBridge is a small, easy to use, multi-platform, utility that
allows the user to share and merge bookmarks between all their
browsers. The user runs it periodically to synchronize between the
browsers. It reads bookmarks from each of your browsers, looks at the
differences between the bookmarks on each browser, and saves the
differences back to each browser. You can run it as often as you like.
Each time you run BookmarkBridge, it saves any new bookmarks to all
your browsers. It can even remove a bookmark from all your browsers if
it is removed from one browser.

http://klitetools.com/screens/b/bookmark_bridge.gif

http://www.klitetools.com/comments.php?catid=78&shownews=3061

Art

[...]

Odd that couldn't find my FF and Moz bookmarks. Just Opera and IE.

After fiddling around with it for a few minutes, I unintalled it.
Maybe it will improve.

Art

http://home.epix.net/~artnpeg

Susan Bugher

Art said:

Program: BookmarkBridge
Author: (Ken Schenke)
Ware: Freeware (open source: GNU GPL)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/bookmarkbridge/
Odd that couldn't find my FF and Moz bookmarks. Just Opera and IE.

After fiddling around with it for a few minutes, I unintalled it.
Maybe it will improve.

Maybe. . . FWIW I just looked at the posts I've saved about this app. It's had other "thumbs down"
reviews in the past. I've just saved a few posts - may have missed an enthusiatic endorsement. . .

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware
http://groups.google.no/groups?q=+group:alt.comp.freeware&hl=en

Anti_Freak_Machine

Program: BookmarkBridge
Author: (Ken Schenke)
Ware: Freeware (open source: GNU GPL)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/bookmarkbridge/

Maybe. . . FWIW I just looked at the posts I've saved about this app.
It's had other "thumbs down" reviews in the past. I've just saved a few
posts - may have missed an enthusiatic endorsement. . .

Susan

I use Bookmark Manager http://bkm.sourceforge.net/
It can import netscape, mozilla, firefox, and opera bookmarks. It has a
link checker, duplicate checker, and a primitive ftp client (I don't
know why though, maybe for synchronizing bookmarks on different
computers). It saves bookmarks as a .bkm file that can be exported into
browsers or saved as html pages. It took a little bit of figuring out
but I have backing up my bookmarks for 3 browsers down to a science.

Susan Bugher

I use Bookmark Manager http://bkm.sourceforge.net/
It can import netscape, mozilla, firefox, and opera bookmarks. It has a
link checker, duplicate checker, and a primitive ftp client (I don't
know why though, maybe for synchronizing bookmarks on different
computers). It saves bookmarks as a .bkm file that can be exported into
browsers or saved as html pages. It took a little bit of figuring out
but I have backing up my bookmarks for 3 browsers down to a science.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the review of Bookmark Manager. I haven't tried it yet - adding that to my to-do list.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware
http://groups.google.no/groups?q=+group:alt.comp.freeware&hl=en

Susan Bugher

http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/FreewareWishList.php

Bookmark Manager

REQUIREMENTS: Combine Netscape and IE bookmarks; when bookmark is added
to one list of bookmarks, the other list is altered as well, in
realtime.
WHY NEEDED: No Existing Freeware

Well here it is ( sort of :)

BookmarkBridge 0.72 Beta

The Freeware Wish List is a "group thang". There's discussion in ACF before an item is added to the
Freeware Wish List and discussion before an item is removed. Wish list threads usually mention
"Freeware Wish List" in the Subject as a heads-up to the group.

BookmarkBridge hasn't received support as a solution for the bookmark app wish so that wish will
stay on the list. FYI some wishes have been removed - other wishes have been discussed *many* times
and are still listed.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware
http://groups.google.no/groups?q=+group:alt.comp.freeware&hl=en

Little Girl

Hey there,

I use Bookmark Manager http://bkm.sourceforge.net/
It can import netscape, mozilla, firefox, and opera bookmarks. It has a
link checker, duplicate checker, and a primitive ftp client (I don't
know why though, maybe for synchronizing bookmarks on different
computers). It saves bookmarks as a .bkm file that can be exported into
browsers or saved as html pages. It took a little bit of figuring out
but I have backing up my bookmarks for 3 browsers down to a science.

I use this one as well, and have 2318 bookmarks in 103 folders, and
it's a bit unstable for me with that quantity in it. It occasionally
locks up and shuts down on its own, forgetting what I just did in it.
I back up my .bkm files religiously, sometimes while making changes,
if adding or editing a lot of bookmarks. I also always export an .html
version of all of the bookmarks in it at the end of any session, so if
the whole thing ever goes bust, at least I can grab all my bookmarks
back from that file with any other program. I love its abilities,
though, and haven't yet found a program that can do everything it can
do.