for sale forum

Reaction score
Ian,

are we allowed to advertise out item that is on ebay in the for sale forum?

KGB

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Nope, 'fraid not KGB. I'm going to create a proper rule set in the next couple of days, but Ebay auctions aren't allowed.

Kye

Reaction score
I also have a question...

Is payment, how its paid, everything like that done between the person selling and the person buying? Would it be wise to ask for cash for a product? Do they send money, then i wait for that then send the product, or vice-versa? or is all that desided between the seller and buyer?

What if, somone sends a product, and the buyer runs of with it? Or is that up to us to judge whom to sell it too? A few regulars on here i will trust, but otherwise its the sellers call to deside who to sell the product too?

Kye

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm going to implement a limit on who can post in that forum based on post count (for example, 50 posts min), but anything beyond that will be based on trust and common sense. Many forums have a similar system with very little problems, but as this is provided "as is", it is up to the seller and buyer to both feel comfortable with the sale (just like an ad mag, ebay etc...).

I think the general rule would be for somone to pay for the item first, as then the written "contract" to buy the item would be binding.

Reaction score
Oh wait... i found out.

Can we leave feedback about things that happened before this rating thing was introduced.... i mean is it allowed?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Oh wait... i found out.

Can we leave feedback about things that happened before this rating thing was introduced.... i mean is it allowed?

Certainly, but please leave a link to the thread in it :)

Kye

Reaction score
Another question...

I have some memory that i dont need. But they do not have there origional packaging, only another box that is good enough to do the job if i were to send it out.

Since, it wont have its origional packaging, does that count as OEM?

Kye

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thats fine Kye! I don't keep packaging for any of my things (it takes up too much space!)

The OEM rule was mainly for people to not sell OEM copies of Windows, Office and other software - as that is illegal. Your memory is fine to sell :)

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Oh wait... i found out.

that sounds good KGB and flops please be alert
Floppybootstomp sent me out a sound card
and KGB sent me a floppy drive LOL!

The floppy drive didnt work but i anticiapted that and he told me so be4 it may not work
and the sound card i put away never even tested it!!!

but overall i was happy with both of their servce and most important HONESTY!!!!

HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY hell yer!

Reaction score
i think the drive itself worked, but it was incompatable, after all it was about 8 yrs old!!

dosent matter anyway, it was free :) (+ P&P)

Reaction score
KGB-911 said:
i think the drive itself worked, but it was incompatable, after all it was about 8 yrs old!!

dosent matter anyway, it was free :) (+ P&P)

lol dont tell everyone that it was free............

well what can i say mate!

i know that u knew it was faulty before u sent it......lol just kidding mate!!!

honestly dead nice of u giving it for free, shame it didnt work
but that should def count as trade rating for both of us right?

Kye

Reaction score
So...it would go like this...

Say what im selling, give a description on what im selling etc...
State how much im selling it for, and state how i want the transaction to go? They send money to moi first, then i send the product?

Just making sure once and for all ^_^

Reaction score
That sounds good PSD, i tried to leave feedback for you, but it kept saying "no input specified" and i filled in all the boxes except the URL box

Oh well

Ask a Question