FOR SALE: 6800gt 256mb

Reaction score
Note:

The current high bid is only thirty pounds!

I forgot to put a reseve price on this item, so somebody could be in for a very good deal indeed...

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I doubt it will go for less than £100, someone will put a bid in on the last 30 seconds for max bid of £120 hoping for the best.

Reaction score
Reefsmoka said:
I doubt it will go for less than £100, someone will put a bid in on the last 30 seconds for max bid of £120 hoping for the best.

Hope so!

Its just I've precisely calculated I need about 120 quid from this in order to afford the new PC I'm aiming to order this week!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That always happens, low bids until the very end! In the last 3 hours expect some action, and then even more in the last 15 seconds!

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
i will be watching this item very cloely i am in the look and need for an agp graphics card but i dont want to spend a huge amount so dont be surprised if i make a bid;)

Reaction score
chelseafc2005 said:
i will be watching this item very cloely i am in the look and need for an agp graphics card but i dont want to spend a huge amount so dont be surprised if i make a bid;)

Cool, ok.

Yeah, you will definately see a massive improvement over your 5200. It should form a nice rig when coupled with your 3800+, too - Should set you up nicely for the new generation of SM3/Dual core happy games like Elderscrolls oblivion and Unreal 2007.

Reaction score
Hmm Never seen this card in AGP only PCI-E although I have been known to be wrong before ;) I do have the card in PCI-E and it runs amazing nothing I thrown at it has struggled upto date. However I paid 250 for mine when i bought it

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Your (click here for more info) tab on your auction doesn't work....;)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
crazylegs said:
Your (click here for more info) tab on your auction doesn't work....;)
It does for me:thumb:

Reaction score
Ouch your feedback score will mean your card wont go for as much as it could...:(

Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
Hmm Never seen this card in AGP only PCI-E although I have been known to be wrong before ;) I do have the card in PCI-E and it runs amazing nothing I thrown at it has struggled upto date. However I paid 250 for mine when i bought it

I paid 180 for this only three months ago, but my Athlon XP was bottlenecking it, so I'm selling everything and working from the bottom up. Granted im doing this a bit prematurely, because this GPU is still overkill, but I didn't want to have to buy an AGP socket 939 motherboard.

Therefore I'm stuck on this crappy laptop with 64mb if RAM for another month!! Aaargh!!

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Ouch your feedback score will mean your card wont go for as much as it could...:(

I know, I retracted my first ever sell about 2 years ago - because I didn't really know what I was doing. So that gives me 6 positives and 1 negative!! Somebody else will be giving me a positive today tho I think. ..

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Chris , you could still view the negative even with a new account m8 !;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
£150, not bad going. :thumb:

Reaction score
Indeed! That's half the money towards the x1800xt 512mb I'm saving up for.

Not that it's twice as powerful, tho...

Reaction score
or one of the x1900 series about to come out that will flatten the x1800 series :D

Reaction score
Really? I've never heard anything of the x1900.

In any case, I'm getting the x1800xt 512mb because it outperforms the 7800gtx 256mb, which is the most similarly priced nVidia rival. It's the best bang for buck in my opinion. If price weren't an issue, I'd probably get a 7800gtx 512mb and an SLI motherboard, but paying over 400 quid on a graphics card isn't justifiable!

I find it strange that the GeForce 7 series is getting all the best press. In the last generation, the ATI cards were faster, but the nVidia cards were better because they supported SM3. NOW however, the nVidia cards are faster, but the Radeon cards can support simultaneous HDR and antialiasing (as well as sm3). For that reason I'm switching to ATI because they're pushing things forward a bit.

I felt like ranting about that.

Ask a Question