FOR SALE: Shuttle XPC with AthlonXP 3200+

Reaction score
I'm selling my Shuttle small form factor barebones PC, which includes an Athlon XP 3200 processor. It's a barebones, so doesn't include storage/DVD drives, but Im throwing in a matching silver floppy drive and 256mb of Kingston pc3200 for the hell of it.

It's an excellent system for inconspicuous lounge/office use, and great for gaming if you have an AGPx8 graphics card. I've really loved this system. It looks fantastic, but now I'm after a big fat powerhouse computer, instead of a fashionable studio PC.

I'm only looking for around £170, so it'll make a great little system for the kids' room or a present for somebody. Still, it's capable of a 3DMARK05 score of around 6000 if you stick the right bits in it - I know!

Look here for Shuttles own spec-
http://eu.shuttle.com/en/desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-72/169_read-2791/

And if you like, go here for my Ebay listing-
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Shuttle-XPC-A...743523939QQcategoryZ52475QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Attachments

• minipc.JPG
    minipc.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 564
  • p_sn41g2v2_d.jpg
    p_sn41g2v2_d.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 1,331
Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
You've listed that at 3.2Ghz..... :confused:

You mean 2.2 yeah??

Reaction score
Vanilla Radio said:
You've listed that at 3.2Ghz..... :confused:

You mean 2.2 yeah??

Well yes, there aren't any actual 3.2gig ATHLON processors, are there? So I'm guessing Ebay mean the marked, comparative-to-intel speed.

It was either that, or risk Jonny Commoner thinking this was only an Athlon 2200+... Ho hum

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
tomsega said:
So I'm guessing Ebay mean the marked, comparative-to-intel speed.

So Eday put that in not you? (I dont use Ebay)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, they asked for the processor make, and then the speed from a list going up to 3.2.

I guess they don't take into consideration that AMD processors are rated differently, dispite being called '3200+'s or whatever...

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
tomsega said:
Yeah, they asked for the processor make, and then the speed from a list going up to 3.2.

and you answered correctly......?

Reaction score
Its in the 'Athlon 3.1+ catagory' - in which no processor should exist, unless they intend for me to call it by its name rather than its actual clock speed.

So it's THEIR bad.

Reaction score
1.how big is the harddrive?

2. and if there is none
could i fit in their two ide harddrives?

3. will u be giving selling the cpu fan?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Its purely a barebones system, so it's just the case, motherboard, and processor. I thaught I'd just throw in a matching silver floppy and a 256mb stick of RAM, because I won't need them anymore. It has room for one DVD drive, and 2 IDE hard drives if you don't use the floppy bay.

The fan is included, definately. It is integral. It has a very clever ICE cooling system thingy, which simultaneous heat-sinks the processor and sucks heat out of the system as it comes in through the side vents. It's really impressive that it keeps the processor under 50c - although it won't allow for overclocking.

Having said that, when the case is removed, it leaves the GPU completely open to the air! Subsequently, although you can't overclock the processor, you can get a much bigger than usual overclock out of a graphics card if you are prepared to take the case off for gaming.

Reaction score
I looks pretty good,

1. .how much ram could i get in it?
  2. sounds odd, but compaired to like an Intel P4, whats the AMD equivalent of the intel
  3. Could i get a rw-drive in & floppy/multimedia bay & hard drive?
thanks.

Reaction score
kingnathski88 said:
  1. .how much ram could i get in it?
  2. sounds odd, but compaired to like an Intel P4, whats the AMD equivalent of the intel
  3. Could i get a rw-drive in & floppy/multimedia bay & hard drive?

1. It has 2 ram slots for up to 2GB of dual channel DDR400.
2. The AthlonXP 3200+ is faster than a 3.06ghz Pentium 4 Northwood for gaming, but a little slower for video encoding. You'll find it good enough for demanding applications, but in terms of general Windows XP office/internet use it's about as fast it gets.
3. It has room for a rw-drive, a hard drive, and a floppy drive. If you wanted to put a second hard drive or multimedia bay in there, you'd have to give up the floppy bay. I've never had a floppy in it though - not when a USB/Firewire flash device can slot into the front!

Reaction score
Hehe..damn. I hate my dodgey internet connection. And I'm not aware of how to delete multiple sendings - so thats why there is a series of blank messages after this one!! Anyway-

I know this has been on ebay for all of 10 seconds, but I'd like to remind anybody bidding that the minimum reserved price for this on Ebay is £170.

The SN41G2 V2 and AthlonXP 3200+ would be about £160 and £90 new respectively. Considering I'm throwing in a 256mb stick of pc3200 and a floppy drive, £170 isn't bad going I don't think. Any questions then don't hesitate.

Last edited:
Reaction score
kingnathski88 said:
...plonker?

Indeed.

I have an intermitant broadband connection at the moment so I get disconnected alot, which isn't helpfull when I am trying to click the 'send message' button. :)

Ask a Question