For christopherpostill

Reaction score
When I turned 18, I sent my application off for the Specials. (With them not recruiting regulars at the moment)

Recieved a letter a probably last week from them, inviting me to to take the PIR Test.

Test is 7/7/9 at 16.45

Already reading through the "How to pass the Police Initial Recruitment Test" books and a few practice papers which they sent.

Reaction score
Thats what we like to see more MrPlod on the forum.

As long as you are reasonably fit you should pass OK.

Reaction score
feckit said:
As long as you are reasonably fit you should pass OK.

Fitness is not required down my end...B*lls of steel are..Thugs here son't run, they challenge the police....:p

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
One of my Best mates from vegas is a PC , need more for vegas than from vegas lol .

Reaction score
Nobody in particular said:
When I turned 18, I sent my application off for the Specials. (With them not recruiting regulars at the moment)

Recieved a letter a probably last week from them, inviting me to to take the PIR Test.

Test is 7/7/9 at 16.45

Already reading through the "How to pass the Police Initial Recruitment Test" books and a few practice papers which they sent.

Congratulations mate - brilliant news. Specials was the best thing I ever did. Is it just the PIRT that you'll be doing or is it an assessment centre with fitness and interview too?

As long as you are roughly at GCSE level for maths and english you'll be fine. It's basic maths and english. The verbal logical reasoning tests are fun, i'll see if I can find them online for you.

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Congratulations mate - brilliant news. Specials was the best thing I ever did. Is it just the PIRT that you'll be doing or is it an assessment centre with fitness and interview too?

As long as you are roughly at GCSE level for maths and english you'll be fine. It's basic maths and english. The verbal logical reasoning tests are fun, i'll see if I can find them online for you.

Cheers Chris,

Yeah its just the PIRT.

Maths isn't my strong point, but I can brush up on different bits lol. I've found the books are very useful and help a lot :nod:

Reaction score
Update

Completed the exam yesterday. Not sure how well it went, I ran out of time on one of the sections, so I didn't manage to complete it.

The exams are being marked today, so I will find out over the next week or so. Unfortunatly if I fail, I have to wait 3 months before I can re-apply.

Ask a Question