Footnote Separator Formatting

Julia

Dear all,

I have problems with the footnote separator in my word document.

Above the footnote, there is a space of five lines (although it should
be only one).

Word Help indicates, that this can be formatted via "View->Footnotes".
This does not seem to work.

However, the lines above the footnote seem to be active in the footer
when choosing "View -> Header and Footer",
but I don't manage to activate and delete them.

I would appreciate if anybody could help me in this regard.

Thank you very much in advance,
Julia

Stefan Blom

Which version of Word are you using?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

in message

Stefan Blom

To access the footnote separator in Word 2003, do this: Click View | Normal.
Then click View | Footnotes. In the Footnote pane, choose the Footnote
Separator item. You can now delete any undesired contents in the footnote
separator. You may want to press Ctrl+Shift+8 to display nonprinting marks;
that way, you can easily delete excessive paragraph marks (¶) found in the
separator. When you are done, press Ctrl+Shift+8 to hide the nonprinting
marks.

Does that help?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

in message

Julia

To access the footnote separator in Word 2003, do this: Click View | Normal.
Then click View | Footnotes. In the Footnote pane, choose the Footnote
Separator item. You can now delete any undesired contents in the footnote
separator. You may want to press Ctrl+Shift+8 to display nonprinting marks;
that way, you can easily delete excessive paragraph marks (¶) found in the
separator. When you are done, press Ctrl+Shift+8 to hide the nonprinting
marks.

Does that help?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

in message

Perfect!!! :)

It didn't work from Print View.

Thank you very much, Stefan!

Regards,
Julia

Stefan Blom

You are welcome.

And you're right: the footnote pane requires Normal view (called Draft view
in Word 2007) or Outline view (it might work in Web Layout view, too, but I
haven't tested that).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP