Flickering monitor?

Reaction score
Sometime monitors can spack out when next to other monitors, or a TV.

Try moving to another location, long shot but may work?

Mikey

Reaction score
Dougs said:
Mmm, now that's something that I didn't consider! Cheers, I'll give that a go. Pretty sure I've had flicker without the lamp on, but you never know....! Its intermittent, that's the problem.
It was with me one day nothing,next day wow thought it was Guy Fawks night.

Reaction score
Sorry to bother you all again, but this is really getting quite annoying. Moving the desk lamp didn't work - I really can't see what may be causing this interference-wise - I've moved speakers etc round and it makes no difference.

Cleaning the fans etc didn't work - although I did notice a difference for a few hours. I've updated the graphics card drivers, but that didn't work either.

Anyone got any other ideas, or should I just send the monitor back and hope for the best?!

Reaction score
Dougs said:
Hi all, apologies for hi-jacking an old thread, but I've got a very similar problem.

Bought a new Digimate 17" TFT the other day and I'm occassionally getting some flickering. I dropped the refresh rate to 60hz, and this seemed to improve the situation, but didn't solve it entirely. I've checked the connections, and they're all fine, and haven't got anything nearby that could cause interference. I also tested it on another base unit, and it was fine.

Any ideas? Could it be a graphics card problem? I've got a 9800 Pro, which is about a year old, so I'd like to hope its not that! Any help would be gratefully received....!

Sorry to drag this up again (esp after so long!), but I am still bugged by this. I managed to give it a more extensive run out on another rig, and lo and behold, the prob still existed (although not to the same extent). I had assumed it was the gfx card, but I now know its the monitor itself..

Could it be poor cabling? Would a high quality cable make a difference? I have got a call out to the manufacturer, but obviously I'd want to avoid sending it back....

Any other help would be much appreciated!

Reaction score
probably not much help but

I initially started this thread and never resolved the problem. I swapped graphics card and was fine for a few days then started doing it again. Upgraded monitor anyway and is now fine, so I would return you monitor if I were you, or put up with it till you upgrade it but I know how annoying it is.

Reaction score
Cheers, that's exactly what I'm waiting for. Courier supposed to pick it up to sort it out, but he's only got 15 mins....!

Thanks anyway!

Ask a Question