need help getting flash movies to play

installed flash player 7
activex verified as installed
ie6 up to date
spybot shows as valid active x
pop-up blockers turned off

what else is there to check ?

G

Ok its not as simple as security settings, first off whatever latest ie6 updates that where installed prevents (at least on my pc, xp pro) from changing any of the security settings. Everytime I tried to reset to the lowest possible setting it would just default back to medium

It's definately one of the ie patches, because at one time I could view flash pages and then it stopped

Anti-virus programs shouldn't affect the installation or running of flash, be that as it may, what you should turn off is any popup blockers, anti-spybot proggies, etc

I'm not saying this is a blanket approach, but today I finally got it to work. Oh yeah if you are using any modified HOST file please F3 and rem any references to flash

Anywho this is what I did, I noticed there was a getflash.exe file in C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash folder (I may have inadvertingly downloaded it while trying uninstall/reinstall flash), I simply ran it and followed the prompts to install the latest version of flash. I rebooted and lo and behold I can now view flash pages within ie6 :-

Good Luck to all, this beats just poking around security settings, especially if you know you haven't changed a thing other then update ie6.

Ask a Question