Firewalls

Reaction score
Techy said:
zonealarm won't do anything about viruses. that would be anti virus software not firewall.
thats where clever zone alarm comes in, it has a built in virus scanner hehe.
take a look for yourself then see if you dont believe me...

Attachments

• antivirusinZA.JPG
    antivirusinZA.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 69
Reaction score
that quote stands.

therm, i would seriously consider revising your current anti virus setup. as i thought the inbuilt AV in zonealarm, is s**te, just ran a little test now and it's missed so many.

if you want free go for AVG!

J

Reaction score
no problem, just thought i would share it, you all probably have your own ways of checking, but that site gives you peace of mind, or worries you stupid! depending on the results!!!! :)

Reaction score
one that i have personally used is Sygate! i think its free to get and its got good features for the basic /average user. so its got the thumbs up from me!

Reaction score
im cool anyway, have a hardware firewall and xp and virus and spyware! WOO!

Reaction score
Hullo;
I run Win98SE, and just recently went looking for a free firewall. Sygate does have one that's free for personal use, it takes a bit of determination to find it on their site, so far it seems pretty straightforward to me to set up and use.:cool:

Reaction score
Bodhi.. I use Zone Alarm with Win98 .. Im impressed with it so thats what i would recomend

Free.. just download.. minimal fuss setting it up... runs itself really well without much tweaking so if your friend isnt the kind to use over complex software.. then Zone Alarm

Ask a Question