Find out address from car registration number

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Ian, do you have an insurance policy (doesn't really matter whether it's car, or house insurance) which includes free legal advice? You can usually seek advice on many legal subjects from their duty solicitor. We have that option on a couple of our policies and, have always found them to be very helpful, regardless of the problem. It can be a good stepping stone, which doesn't cost anything.

Speaking of insurance... the offending car is probably preventing you from complying with the terms of your policy(?) There is usually a question which asks where your car is parked overnight (such as the road, locked garage, or whatever.) So this might be yet another point you could make when making your complaint.

Just throwing more thoughts into the pot :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The car has moved :D :D :D. We didn't see whoever owned it unfortunately, as I'd have like to have met them ;)

Thanks for the thoughts TC! The free legal advice would have been handy, so I may find out anyway to see what can be done in future.

Reaction score
Get off here then and get your car into the spot quick smart! ;-) haha.

Reaction score
I`ve solved my parking problem--- I got rid of the car! Problem solved.
I`m thinking of joining a car club £60 a year,I have to put in petrol and,if I read it right,the ins` and road tax is in with the yearly subs--not bad. They even have their own parking spot! In my case half a min1 walk from the house.
historian

Reaction score
A little bit of background for this one :)... We live in a block of flats where there are allocated spaces, and there are signs up saying this everywhere. It's in the city centre, so getting parking nearby is a nightmare - everyone living here knows that you need your own bay and a code is needed to get through the parking gates.

Anyway, someone has been parking in our bay for the last few days - meaning I had to park 15/20 mins away. I stuck a note on the car on the first day asking them to move it, and added a less polite one stuck to the rear windscreen this time.

I wanted to know if there was a way to find out the registration address of whoever owned the car, as it doesn't look like they are moving any time soon and there isn't anything I can do to move it. If I have the address, it may be someone living in a nearby block and I can ask them to shift it. Is that possible to find out, as I'm sure I heard that it can be done, but I can't find anything via Google. I would have guessed that it isn't possible to do this, so I'm not surprised if that is indeed the case.

The building management company is useless and I can't get hold of the caretaker that is supposed to be able to clamp cars (which wouldn't be much use, as I just want to car my car parked!).

Sounds like car has gone but i was going to suggest park your car in front of it so it cant get out then wait around :lol: till they come back shouting :lol:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
g1335873246724378224.jpg

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Coda: Since that thread was started the wonderful Mr Cameron (gawd bless ya guvnor) has outlawed vehicle clamping on private grounds so that would rather change the situation n'est ce pas?

Ask a Question