Filter parameters asked on first open, subsequent unfilter/re-filterdoesn't re-fill the parameters

B

BrianDP

I have users that are very font of filters. They have lists of pre-createdfilters that seem to work well with their runtime versions, since they can't get to queries on their runtimes.

In their advanced Filters, paramters are asked in the standard 'Like [what city?]' format. As the subject states, the first time the filter is applied, the [] questions are asked, and used correctly to filter the data. If the user clicks "Unfilter" and then reapplies the filter, the answers are not asked again, but instead the previous answers are used. I haven't been able to get to the bottom of this behavior yet, so I'm asking you guys. It seems like even if you load another filter, it still doesn't ask questions.I think I went as far as unload/reload the form, and re-try the filters and they still didn't work right. I had to exit the app.

I don't like filters myself, but since my users require them, can anyone shed some light on this problem?

-Brian

B

BrianDP

What seems worse, is that after I load the first filter, ANY filter I load after that doesn't seem to matter. After the first filter is loaded and applied, after that it doesn't matter WHAT filter you load and apply, none of them work.

Someone must have run into this.. Filters suck but they shouldn't be broken!

-Brian

B

BrianDP

Something else that I don't understand- if you are in advanced filter sort, and you click "Load filter from query" only some of the queries get in the list, not all queries are available. Where is the list of filters stored?

-Brian

Ask a Question