~ file shows up on desktop

Marty

I can't associate this with any new software installation
or anything. Whenever I reply to an email in OE in WinXP
Home after I send the reply email a ~ icon shows up on my
desktop. When I try to open it, it won't. When I check
the properties it say the file type is "file". I can
delete it with no problems, but it driving me nuts. Have
current virus software and scans come up clean.
Everything else is working fine. This is on a Dell
Inspiron 8200 notebook. Anyone can help me with this??
Thanks in advance

Becka

This is happening to me also Marty, I am curious as to what this is.

~Becka
__________

"Marty" wrote in message :

Jon

It's a copy of your address book caused by an unresolved bug in Outlook
Express. It appears if you modify your address book at all.

Jon

Marty

Hi Becka
Are you using Mail Washer by any chance. Although I have
been using it longer than this problem, I'm just grasping
at straws here. If you hear of anything please let me
know here. Thanks

Marty

Just read your post after responding to Becka. When you
mean modify, do you mean entering in names etc. or are you
referring to some other modifications. Thanks for your
response.
Marty