Gerry Cornell

What File Manager? Do you mean Windows Explorer?

Doug Knox MS-MVP
Apr 15 2002, 4:16 am show options

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
From: "Doug Knox MS-MVP" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 00:13:00 -0400
Subject: Re: Windows Explorer dosn't OPEN File Folders - IT Searches !

If editing the Registry manually is not to your liking, visit my web site,
www.dougknox.com and go to the Win XP Fixes section. Follow the
link for "Search opens when double clicking a folder". This script
resets both of the above values to "none".

Otherwise, Click Start, Run and enter REGEDIT

Navigate to:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Shell

Set the Default value to "none" without the quotes. To do this, double
click where it says Default.

You may also need to check:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell

The default value for this entry should be "none", as well.
--
Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows XP/9x
Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes

--