From: "Dave" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.file_system
Subject: File Locks
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 09:43:18 -0800

We are running Windows 2000 Server SP3 and have installed a number of XP Pro
workstations. When they close files on a network share, the file locks are
not released. When they come back to the file later, they can only open the
file on 'Read Only' mode.

Any idea why the files are remaining locked after the user closes the file?
Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.