Fax Printer inaccessible with XP-Home

I have a really strange one. Hope some one can help. I have two XP-pro
workstations & 5 XP-Home workstations connected to our 2003 server. The Pro
workstations have no problems using the fax printer on the server. The home
workstations have an error 'all fax printers are inaccessible'. When you look
at the fax printer status box it says ' communication error'. It dosn't
matter who logs in to either machine. The user can be a user or an
administrator and they still can't fax from xp-home work stations. This is
driving me absolutly crazy. Anyone have any ideas.

Thanks

Loganatr [MSFT]

For the home machines to connect, it has to be part of same work group as
the 2003 server and the logged in user should be there in 2003 server also.
--
Loganatr [MSFT]
purposes only.'

Joined
Dec 22, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I am having the same problem. XP Home cannot connect to remote fax on Server 2003. Both computers are part of the same workgroup and kept up to date with windows update. I've checked security settings for the fax on the server to make sure my XP Home account has proper permissions and and even gave everyone full control. I've tried every solution I could find in any forum—nothing has worked. I'm starting to think that XP Home does not have the capability to connect to a remote fax printer. Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Loganatr [MSFT] said:
For the home machines to connect, it has to be part of same work group as
the 2003 server and the logged in user should be there in 2003 server also.
--
Loganatr [MSFT]
purposes only.'

news:[email protected]...