Fastest Delivery?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thought it would be quite interesting to see how fast anyone has had something delivered from online before :)

Amazon always seem to be very fast, perhaps 1/2 days. Crucial are often before 9am next day, and Rapid Electronics even got me a parcel at 8AM when I only ordered 12 hours before :eek: Thats the best one yet ;)

Anyone able to beat that?

Reaction score
Dabs - ordered a network cable at 6pm and had it before 9am the next morning.

Generally, any company that uses City Link or a courier should have their delivery the next day if ordered before 4/5pm. I tend to stay away from companies that dont do that (apart from eBuyer)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Yup, agree with Chris there ... always ordered around 4pm and was in the workshop by 10am the latest ... one stand in driver, kept calling at 8am, good job I was in by 8. :D

Any DOAs and I had a replacment the next day with the pick-up. :thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I really do think Dabs have been the fastest for me as well.

One order from Overclockers, ordered 5pm, arrived 7.30am next morning.

Right now though, grrr grr, I ordered a couple of bits from Scan early Saturday evening (which is kinda the equivalent of ordering first thing Monday morning). I've had two e-mails, one to confirm order, second to confirm they've taken my money. They took the money at 10pm Saturday evening.

Order packed? Nope. Order despatched? Nope.

Remind me not to use Scan again, they is, um, well, let's just say I'm not impressed.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
What you getting now?

When I ordered on Fridays I was always reminded by 'the guys' that I didn't work Saturday and would deliver for Monday be OK ... they must have known what my memory was like.

Must give 'em a tinkle one day, see it they are still all there ... James was the best, always had "a deal" for me ... :D

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
They took the money at 10pm Saturday evening.

Order packed? Nope. Order despatched? Nope.

Aren't they all like that? Ebuyer took my money at 5am this morning, after ordering something at around 9pm last night. Of course thats not going to be packed or anything... not arriving until Friday!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Aren't they all like that? Ebuyer took my money at 5am this morning, after ordering something at around 9pm last night. Of course thats not going to be packed or anything... not arriving until Friday!

Maybe I'm used to be being spoilt by Overclockers - always arrives the next day.

I'm sure that when I've ordered from Scan before the goods have been shipped quicker.

A correction as well, I ordered the goods on Friday evening, not Saturday, as I thought.

It's now Wednesday and still no sign of them. Yesterday I checked my credit card statement on line and they've taken the money. I wonder if I can cancel the order?

Reaction score
You have the legal right to 7 days after the goods arrive. If you dont want them, decline the delivery and they will be returned to sender.

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
Courier service

Not so much a credit to the suppliers directly, but more to the couriers!

There have been many occasions when I have ordered stuff from the UK and had it arrive here in the Channel Islands the following lunchtime. This may not seem much for you mainland guys, but when you consider it either has to be air-freighted via Gatwick, or shipped from Portsmouth, I think that's quite an achievement.:thumb:

I hate to admit it, but one of the best services comes from MESH! They shipped my kit about tea-time (according to the consignment note) and the whole lot, about 70 kilos!, arrived early the following afternoon.

It just goes to show that it is possible:thumb:

Now even I was impressed with that!:D

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Overclockers have been the best for me so far, ordered by 1pm most of the time and been in my hands by lunchtime the next day. :)

Reaction score
Dabs for me :D ordered 8 things, and always got within 1 &1/2 days :D

actually crucial are the kings of delivery - free royal mail special delivery next day before 9am, with free far cry & comact flash card :D:D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Maybe I'm used to be being spoilt by Overclockers - always arrives the next day.

I'm sure that when I've ordered from Scan before the goods have been shipped quicker.

A correction as well, I ordered the goods on Friday evening, not Saturday, as I thought.

It's now Wednesday and still no sign of them. Yesterday I checked my credit card statement on line and they've taken the money. I wonder if I can cancel the order?

I forgot to mention this, but I phoned Scan on Thursday and cancelled the order.

I got straight through on the phone, they were very understanding and very helpful.

They cancelled the order right away and e-mailed me to confirm.

I have yet to receive a credit card refund but I'm optimistic, I'll let you all know.

Their reason for late supply was that one component was out of stock and the lady I spoke to was most surprised and apologetic I hadn't received an e-mail letting me know they were out of stock.

Hmm, me a little bit cynical about that but at least I got straight through on the phone and they identified my order from ref number straight away, that counts for a lot in my book.

I'm not pro Scan, btw, they just happened to be one of the few stocking the particular parts I wanted, but I have to say that was quite painless (assuming my CC refund goes Ok).

And Potguy, you're right, I overlooked Crucial Uk, they must be the absolute best at quick delivery.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Update: Today (Saturday 12th) my refund from Scan was credited to my Credit Card.

I'm beginning to think some of these online suppliers have actually realised at last that good customer service = increased sales.

And, feeling somewhat confident now, I've just placed an order with them for a few parts.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
And to conclude my dealings with Scan.

I ordered the parts Saturday afternoon, they arrived at noon on Tuesday (today).

And the tracking link with the courier actually worked, I was able to tell the parts would be delivered today.

I'm, um, impressed.

Got through on the phone, no quibble about cancelling order, quick refund, constant e-mails letting me know status of new order and then a decent delivery time.

Seems like Scan may have got their act together.

Couple that with them being cheaper than overclockers and I think I may put more trade their way. I mentioned that overclockers put all their prices up overnight by quite a fair bit - disappointing.

One of the things I ordered was a Samsung PATA 160Gb hard disk. I've used this to replace the two 80Gb drives that were in my machine for storage, they will be going in my daughter's machine, she only has a 40Gb drive in there and it's almost full with mp3's.

Took an hour to transfer all data to new disk from old drives.

I've never had a Samsung drive before - it's SO quiet, I'm surprised. I can hear the 2 Raptors chugging away but not a peep from this Samsung. Let's just hope it lasts.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I've never had a Samsung drive before - it's SO quiet, I'm surprised. I can hear the 2 Raptors chugging away but not a peep from this Samsung. Let's just hope it lasts.

Iv'e said all along they are gooduns

got 2 in a RAID array... not a peep here either. they have impact protection too, which is handy because i sometimes drop them :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Iv'e said all along they are gooduns

I know :)

And that was why I thought it was about time I tried one - your recommendation.

So far, so good.

Reaction score
Maplin, ordered at 6pm and got the items the next day at 9am, all on standard delivery.:)

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
for me its dabs, i know dabs are considered to be a bit crap but i oredered some stuff at 4.30 with normal delivery and it was on my doorstep at 9am next day

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
For me it has to be mymemory.co.uk ordered an SD card and some batterys at 3:00pm and recieved next day at 11:00am and its got to come across the water cause they in Jersey.....Superb and thats what i call a fast service and better than the mainland post...:D

My mother used them as well a few months later and bought a Charger and batterys and again, they delivered next day from across the water....Astounding...:thumb:

Ask a Question