Fast help greatly needed, fairly simple problem

Reaction score
My hat will go off to anyone who can find me 20 metres of Category 5E cable that can be delivered on or before sunday 12th november.

Trying to get my brother online, alot of faffing around with the router etc.

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
This might do the trick - its cheap and says dispatched today.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280045194062

Thank you Ian :)

Is there any other computer shops or outlets local to the hampshire area that you think would sell the cable?

Not looking to buy over the internet now, unless it will be delivered before sunday.

My apologies for the specificness, but its for a 10 -soon-to-be- 11 year olds birthday, and he aint gonna get much else.

Reaction score
Look in www.yell.com for a PC repair/supply shop near you not PC world or such, simple really they will make one for you on the spot. ;)

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
can you not go wireless ?

have you tried any electrical suppliers

Reaction score
Go to www.yell.com and tap in your local area and search for pc shops or such like.
Then use any digit on your hand, any will do and phone the local pc shops up from the list you get, you may have to try more than 1. And i'm sure one will be happy to make up the cable for you.

Reaction score
michael 118 said:
thank you, is there a specific place?

do you know if they will have the cable?

:)

Phone them and ask... where I live there are numerous places... Cor and I live in Wales:D and only have to travel 1 mile to get one:D

Reaction score
okay, thank you so much everyone, we are trying to get the cable from pc world ready before sunday!.

Here is the problem anyway:

We have one pc connected to the internet, and one that isnt. so we want have bought a modem/router (should be here tomorrow). but we need a category 5e cable to connect the 2 computers to the internet (am i right?).

Reaction score
michael 118 said:
okay, thank you so much everyone, we are trying to get the cable from pc world ready before sunday!.

Here is the problem anyway:

We have one pc connected to the internet, and one that isnt. so we want have bought a modem/router (should be here tomorrow). but we need a category 5e cable to connect the 2 computers to the internet (am i right?).

Yep thats correct:nod: you can also do it wireless with a PCI card, but a cable is better. [well I find it so];)

Reaction score
itsme said:
Yep thats correct:nod: you can also do it wireless with a PCI card, but a cable is better. [well I find it so];)

oh good, hopefully it will run good and make a 11 year old happy.

and wireless cost about 10 billion pounds more than non-wireless..

Reaction score
michael 118 said:
oh good, hopefully it will run good and make a 11 year old happy.

and wireless cost about 10 billion pounds more than non-wireless..

Are they that expensive nowadays:lol: A 15 Mtr cable cost me about £3.00 five years ago:D

Reaction score
well it feels alot when you just bought a brand spaking new pc :D.

oh dear, pa is going to pc world to try and find the cable...if he doesnt find it, he will explode i think.

Reaction score
michael 118 said:
oh dear, pa is going to pc world to try and find the cable...if he doesnt find it, he will explode i think.

Run son Run >>>>>>>>>>>> "BANG":D

Reaction score
itsme said:
Run son Run >>>>>>>>>>>> "BANG":D

:lol:

ahh all seems more calm now, we found the cable.

for some reason, we had to buy it per 100m, they wouldnt go any lower :confused:.

at least we have it now.

thank you everyone for the quick repsonses :)

Ask a Question