Fan stops on cpu load

Reaction score
Hi everyone!!
smile.gif

I have an ACER EXTENSA 4102 laptop, based on an INTEL CENTRINO cpu, and I have the following problem:
The fan stops each time I start a program, once the program is closed the fan starts. It's the same if I plug in an device, the stops immediately and stars when I remove it.
The fans stops on cpu load, it should be the opposite.

There is no option for the fan in the BIOS.

Has anyone ever heard of something like this?

I forgot to mention that when it happened for the first time I replaced the old fan with a new one that it's exactly the same, I also try to disconnect the yellow wire that control the speed of the fan, no way the fan won't function correctly...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Is this a new laptop? It might be worth installing some temperature monitoring software to see how how the CPU gets when idle and under load:

http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

I have to admit, it doesn't sound right as you'd assume it would work the other way round.

Reaction score
The laptop is 3 years old.

I usually monitor the temperatures with Notebook Hardware Control, everything is fine until the CPU starts then the fan stops or slow down (depending on the CPU charge), the problem is if the CPU runs too long because the temperature rises and there is no fan running.
Everything is working in reverse order, and I don't think it's driver related because the fan doesn't even work at the startup, usually (when everything is ok)the fan starts just before the BIOS during 5 seconds.

Ask a Question