Failure to open new window

I have accessed a specific intranet site with two different computers with
IE6. The site has a PDF you can view and opens a second IE6 window to view
it with. One computer will open the PDF in a new window and the other will
not open the PDF at all. If I put the specific address into IE6 for the PDF
on the one that does not work then it will open it but not in a new window.
It is not opening a new window and transfering the URL to open like it
should. The hardware is identical, same OS, same versions of IE6, same
login....same everything. Every thing in Internet Options is the same on
both. Where is the failing computer needing attention?

I have looked at the documents you refered me to. Checked all aspects
mentioned and have not found any problems in those areas. Pop-ups are not
blocked, no additional tool bars and settings mentioned in the referenced pdf
are ok. Both computers meet the above comments.

If there is anything else to look at I would greatly appreciate the input.
This has me perplexed.

Don Varnau said:
Hi,
Are you running a pop-up blocker? Anything like Google toolbar, Yahoo
toolbar, Ad-aware Plus/Pro? Does "Open in a new window" work in other cases?

Otherwise, see if anything at http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ie/pdf.htm helps.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

Don said:
I have accessed a specific intranet site with two different computers with
IE6. The site has a PDF you can view and opens a second IE6 window to view
it with. One computer will open the PDF in a new window and the other will
not open the PDF at all. If I put the specific address into IE6 for the PDF
on the one that does not work then it will open it but not in a new window.
It is not opening a new window and transfering the URL to open like it
should. The hardware is identical, same OS, same versions of IE6, same
login....same everything. Every thing in Internet Options is the same on
both. Where is the failing computer needing attention?

Don Varnau

Does right-click> "Open in a new window" work for other (non PDF) links?

Is it an option to have PDFs open in Adobe Reader? Open Adobe Reader> Edit>
Preferences> Internet> uncheck "Display PDF in browser."

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

I tried changing the Adobe Reader settings, no luck. Also no link can open
in a new window. I right click on any link on any web site and select Open
in a New Window and it does not work.

Don