Windows XP Failed Redundancy error in Windows 2003

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a mirrored volume in windows 2003 and today i got the error called "failed redundancy" and my main drive with all the data is missing. in computer management i can see a red cross over it, and the message says "failed redundancy"

i want to recover my data urgently as my backup drive failed long back. Is there any way i can recover data from this hard disk..

i tried to boot the server through this hard disk after removing the disk that is working ok.. i couldnt boot the server..

pls help with any pointers

thnks

Reaction score
Hey Sunjiiv & welcome to PCReview :wave:
Get a bootable system first and foremost..
Then add the failed drives and see how things look then, Windows Diskmgmt.msc is limited.
You may need a 3rd party application to recover any data - there are loads out there.
I personally recommend the SysInternals Winternals Emergency Repair Disk, which you can also boot into.

OnTrack are reputable - http://www.ontrack.co.uk/data-recovery-services/
2 other dedicated sources are; (Both offer a no-recovery/no fee service)
www.easyrestore.co.uk
www.easyrecovery.co.uk

Good luck!

Reaction score
thnx 4 the response

Hi there,

thnx 4 the response.. will try 2 donload these s/w and boot through themm. i have an old copy of winternals somewhere -- let me try 2 find that.. thnx again

sanjeev

Ask a Question