Extract and Organize from PST by Domain

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been asked to figure out how to do the following:

I have been given an external hard drive of a company's email in 24 pst files (2 per month).

To save an extraordinary amount of time, we'd like to be able to extract all emails from these files and have them save to new pst files based on the 'from' domain name (so each company has it's own pst file). For emails sent by the company that gave us the data, we'd like those to save to the appropriate folder based on the 'To' domain name.

We currently have someone do this manually.

If it helps to understand, we audit for this company, by vendor, to make sure all agreed upon deals are paid in full and there is no money left unpaid to our client. When auditing a specific vendor, all correspondence with that vendor is reviewed.

So far my search has only found me software to extract email addresses. I also know how to make a .bat file and automatically make folders. But nothing has seemed to make PST files based on domain name.

Anti Virus: Office Scan
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model HP Compaq dc7800p Small Form Factor
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11 GenuineIntel ~2327 Mhz
Total Physical Memory 2,052.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 1.09 GB

Thanks very much!

Peter

Last edited:

Ask a Question