Exporting Outlook contacts

Andrew Story

Hi all,

Is it possible to export the contents of an Outlook 2k3 contacts folder to a
CSV or excel file?

I've been trying but can only seem to export the headings, not the actual
address and name data etc. I have around 100 contacts that I need to export
in this fashion, 90 or so of which are personal distribution lists.

Is there a way to export them all in a oner to an excel or csv file?

Thanks.

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

You can certainly export Contacts just by using the Export Wizard.
DL's do not survive exporting--one of the many reasons they are such a poor
choice for grouping Contacts.

Andrew Story

Quick response, much appreciated. Thanks for clearing that up Russ.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
Andrew Story said:
Hi all,

Is it possible to export the contents of an Outlook 2k3 contacts folder to
CSV or excel file?

I've been trying but can only seem to export the headings, not the actual
address and name data etc. I have around 100 contacts that I need to
export
in this fashion, 90 or so of which are personal distribution lists.

Is there a way to export them all in a oner to an excel or csv file?

Thanks.

Russ-

Did you ever figure out how to export your contacts to another file? I am
hoping to figure out how to export to a word file or pdf file so i can print
them out and always have a backup copy. Exporting them to excel doesn't work
very well..i lose a lot of the information I entered into the actual contact.

Chris

Andrew Story said:
Hi all,

Is it possible to export the contents of an Outlook 2k3 contacts folder to
CSV or excel file?

I've been trying but can only seem to export the headings, not the actual
address and name data etc. I have around 100 contacts that I need to
export
in this fashion, 90 or so of which are personal distribution lists.

Is there a way to export them all in a oner to an excel or csv file?

Thanks.

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

The best way to backup your data is simply to make a copy of your PST file.
If for some reason you want to create a printout of your data, then File >
Import and Export > Export to a file will return the file type to which you
can export.

Most users who want to create a printout of their Contacts will use a mail
merge to Word to do so.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

"Andrew Story" <andrewDOTstoryATjameswalkerDOTbiz> wrote in message
Hi all,

Is it possible to export the contents of an Outlook 2k3 contacts
folder to
CSV or excel file?

I've been trying but can only seem to export the headings, not the actual
address and name data etc. I have around 100 contacts that I need to
export
in this fashion, 90 or so of which are personal distribution lists.

Is there a way to export them all in a oner to an excel or csv file?

Thanks.

Gotcha, thanks