export emails from Vista windows Mail to Outlook Express

B.W.

A friend of mine wants to export email messages out of WM and import into
O.E. How can she do this please?

TIA B.W.

Steve Cochran

copy the eml files from the WinMail message store to the computer with OE. See here for their location: www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx#wm Then create a new folder in OE and open it so that is shows an empty message list. Then drag the eml files (make sure it is only eml files) overtop the empty message list and drop them and they will become incorporated into the folder. My OEX program (www.oehelp.com/OEX/) has an import function (from eml files) that makes this somewhat easier if you have lots to import.

steve

B.W.

Thanks Steve.

Steve Cochran said:
copy the eml files from the WinMail message store to the computer with OE.
See here for their location: www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx#wm Then create a
new folder in OE and open it so that is shows an empty message list. Then
drag the eml files (make sure it is only eml files) overtop the empty
message list and drop them and they will become incorporated into the
folder. My OEX program (www.oehelp.com/OEX/) has an import function (from
eml files) that makes this somewhat easier if you have lots to import.

steve

B.W.

I will pass that on to my friend who is on Vista.

In trying to test the same procedure out for Windows 7 Live Mail when I came
to copy the eml to a USB drive for copying to an EX machine, none could be
copied because they had properties which could not copied.
TIA B.W.

Gary VanderMolen

You should be able to ignore that warning about losing properties.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"B.W." wrote in message
I will pass that on to my friend who is on Vista.

In trying to test the same procedure out for Windows 7 Live Mail when I came
to copy the eml to a USB drive for copying to an EX machine, none could be
copied because they had properties which could not copied.
TIA B.W.

B.W.

Thank you Gary.

"B.W." wrote in message

I will pass that on to my friend who is on Vista.

In trying to test the same procedure out for Windows 7 Live Mail when I
came
to copy the eml to a USB drive for copying to an EX machine, none could be
copied because they had properties which could not copied.
TIA B.W.

Gary VanderMolen

You're very welcome.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)