explorer.exe problem

Marty

I was previously having a problem when shutting down my computer with
CiceroUIWndFrm.exe (I think that's the name) - I was getting a dialog
message "Ending program...Please wait". I searched on the net, it was
something to do with the Speech and Handwriting recognition feature in
MS Office products that was causing this and so I disabled it.

Now when shutting down I get a dialog message for Explorer.exe "Ending
program...Please wait".

I also have a problem when Windows boots up. My desktop background image
is replaced with this error message
http://yestech.com.au/images/error_msg.jpg.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

Marty

Gerry Cornell

What anti-virus and internet security (firewall) programmes are you
using?

What are you doing with regard to removing spyware?

You need to have up to date virus definitions. A free anti-virus
programme:
http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5

Also the Microsoft Anti Spyware Beta is considerably better than it was
at first:
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/default.mspx

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA

Using invalid email address

Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please tell the newsgroup how any
suggested solution worked for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jason Tan

Hello,

Thanks for posting!

From your post, I understand that when shutting down you get a dialog
message for Explorer.exe "Ending program...Please wait" at present.

Based on my experience , the issue may happen due to some potential third
party applications/services. I would like to suggest you perform the
following steps.

Step 1: Please scan the system to ensure there is no virus/spyware.

Step 2: Please boot the system into Safe Mode environment and test the
issue. Safe Mode loads a minimally protected-mode configuration, disabling
Windows device drivers and using the standard VGA display adapter.

1. Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On
a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems,
you can press the F8 key when you see the Boot Menu.
2. In "Windows Advanced Option Menu", use the arrow keys to select Safe
Mode, and then press ENTER.
3. If you are running other operating systems on the computer, click
Microsoft Windows on the list that is displayed and then press ENTER.

If the issue disappears, please perform a Clean Boot.

Step 3: Use Clean Boot to eliminate third party interference.

The issue could be caused by some third party application. To isolate the
influence of additional applications, please boot the system into a Clean
Boot environment to see whether this problem continues:

1. Unplug all the unnecessary devices, with only the keyboard, the mouse
left.
2. Click Start, click Run, type "msconfig" (without the quotation marks) in
the Open box, and then click OK.
3. In the Startup tab, click the "Disable All" button.
4. In the Services tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" checkbox,
and then click the "Disable All" button.
5. Click OK and restart your computer.

310560: How to troubleshoot by using the System Configuration utility in
Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310560

Hope the information helps. If there is anything that is unclear, please
feel free to let me know.

Thanks & Regards,

Jason Tan

Microsoft Online Partner Support

| Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 02:49:53 +1000
| From: Marty <[email protected]>
| Subject: explorer.exe problem
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
|
| I was previously having a problem when shutting down my computer with
| CiceroUIWndFrm.exe (I think that's the name) - I was getting a dialog
| message "Ending program...Please wait". I searched on the net, it was
| something to do with the Speech and Handwriting recognition feature in
| MS Office products that was causing this and so I disabled it.
|
| Now when shutting down I get a dialog message for Explorer.exe "Ending
| program...Please wait".
|
| I also have a problem when Windows boots up. My desktop background image
| is replaced with this error message
| http://yestech.com.au/images/error_msg.jpg.
|
| Any ideas?
|
| Cheers!
|
| Marty

Marty

Hello, thanks for your reply.

Is there another way to boot into Safe Mode because I have a Microsoft
keyboard that has a "F Lock" button and the F function keys don't work
while booting.

Cheers!

Marty

Jason Tan

Hi Marty,

As far as I know, there is no other way to enter into Safe Mode. I suggest
you change another keyboard to perform the Safe Mode.

> [...]

so

| > =====================================================
rights.

| > --------------------
| > | Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 02:49:53 +1000
| > | From: Marty <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: explorer.exe problem
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
| > |
| > | I was previously having a problem when shutting down my computer with
| > | CiceroUIWndFrm.exe (I think that's the name) - I was getting a dialog
| > | message "Ending program...Please wait". I searched on the net, it was
| > | something to do with the Speech and Handwriting recognition feature
in
| > | MS Office products that was causing this and so I disabled it.
| > |
| > | Now when shutting down I get a dialog message for Explorer.exe
| > |
| > | I also have a problem when Windows boots up. My desktop background
image
| > | is replaced with this error message
| > | http://yestech.com.au/images/error_msg.jpg.
| > |
| > | Any ideas?
| > |
| > | Cheers!
| > |
| > | Marty
| > |

David Candy

[boot loader]
timeout=3
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /sos /NoExecute=OptIn
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional Bootlog" /fastdetect /bootlog /sos /NoExecute=OptIn
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional Safe Mode" /fastdetect /safeboot:minimal