Windows XP Exel running total help

Reaction score
I need some help. I have a spreadsheet with 51 rows and 5 columns. I would like to be able to enter weekly totals into the 3rd column for each of the rows and have them keep a running total for a ytd figure in column 5 for each of the rows. Can anyone help me?

Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly what you want, but I think this might help. If you have a list of numbers in A1:A10 and you wanted a running total going down B1:B10 you would use: =SUM($A$1:$A1) and copy that down column B with the fill handle. With the dollar sign before the row reference in the first half, the starting number for the SUM never changes. Without the dollar sign before the row reference in the second half, the SUM will always calculate down to the current row (assuming you put 1 and started in row 1. For row 2, put a 2 instead of a 1). Let me know if that helps.

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply but that is not what I am looking for. Below is an example of my sheet. I would like to be able to go in weekly and type in the volume and percentage and have it calculate a ytd total automatically in the YTD columns from week to week. Not sure if this is possible and not sure if my explanation is very good.
5/30/2012Err CategoryRoot CauseVolume%YTD VolumeYTD %

Reaction score
Could you provide some of the data and what you want it to do? I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're looking for.

Ask a Question