Windows XP One total text sum

Reaction score
OK, I have pretty well run the gamet of the different statments in both the SUMIFS and SUMIF functions in Excel 2007, but I cannot get the result I need. Perhaps someone has something I am overlooking. The objective is to get accounting hash totals in a preforma srpeadsheet containing accounting entries, usually a minimum of 60 entries of debits & credits (total of 120+rows). As mentioned, the spreadsheet is performa with the columns designated as they are and in the order they are (homeoffice mandated),
The spreadhsheet structure: 1column acct number; 2column amount; 3column cost area. Formats are numeric in col1, numeric in col2, and text in col3. The text in column 3 is always 7 characters in length and the first two characters are always "AB". The goal is to sum all the numeric portions, in one total, when there is an amount greater than 0 in the amount space (column2). The following is a facsimile attempt to display these fields:
AcctNo Amount CostArea
111912 $214.25 AB05103
418500 37.00 AB02896
416100 0.00 AB03001
I attempted SUMIFS and SUMIF applications to try to attain the total of 7999 (the sum of the numeric portions of AB05103 and AB02896. AB03001 would not be part of the total because it has 0 in the amount column. Thank you for your attention and any guidance on this would greatly be appreciated.

Ask a Question