Excel v. X Macro warning, but no macros

G

I have a spreadsheet that once had a macro. Now it has no macros. I still get the macro security warning when I open the spreadsheet. I checked under Tools -> Macro, and now macros are shown. How do I stop the macro warning?

J

Jan Karel Pieterse

Hi John,
How do I stop the macro warning?

Make sure ALL modules are removed (the module itself needs to be
removed) and that all other event modules (Thisworkbook and the ones
behind the worksheets) contain nothing.

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP

J

Jan Karel Pieterse

Hi Pete,
I tried your suggested fix, removed all modules (in VB I assume) but still get the macro alert when opening the file. Any other suggestions?

Not just all modules have to be removed, you also need to delete all content from the sheet modules
and the Thisworkbook module, including returns and spaces. Double click a module, press control+a and hit the del key.

--
Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
www.jkp-ads.com

G

That did the trick. Awesome. Thanks for the help

----- Jan Karel Pieterse wrote: ----

Hi Pete
I tried your suggested fix, removed all modules (in VB I assume) but still get the macro alert when opening the file. Any other suggestions

Not just all modules have to be removed, you also need to delete all content from the sheet modules
and the Thisworkbook module, including returns and spaces. Double click a module, press control+a and hit the del key

--
Regards

Jan Karel Pieters
Excel MV
www.jkp-ads.co

Ask a Question