XL 2007 Macro Security warning

T

Tonso

I have recently switched fomr XL2003 to XL 2007. I have a number of workbooks with macros. When I open one, the message appears above the formula bar"Security Warning Macros have been disabled". When i click "Options" nextto this message, the "Macro Options Security Window" pops up. My problem is that I sometimes fail to notice the Security Warning and begin work in the workbook. When I later need to run a macro, the msaage has dissappeared and the macro will not run. I have to close the workbook and reopen it and then click the "Options" button which causes the "Macro Options Security Window" to pop up. My question is...is there a way to have the "Macro Options Security Window" pop up when I open the workbook and skip having to notice and then click the "Options" button. The security level is set to "Disable All Macros with notification" which is for me the best setting.

Thanks,

Billy

J

joeu2004

Tonso said:
My problem is that I sometimes fail to notice the
Security Warning and begin work in the workbook.
When I later need to run a macro, the msaage has
dissappeared and the macro will not run.

Click on View, then click in the box next to Message Bar to add a checkmark.

Ask a Question