Excel Excel Question

Reaction score
I just can't figure out how to do this. I have never ran into this question before and would like to run it by the PC Review Community for their ideas. I was asked if in Excel if I could create a formula that would change the color of a cell based upon the conditions of the formula. Does anyone have any ideas.

Thank you,
Denicamp

Reaction score
denicamp said:
I just can't figure out how to do this. I have never ran into this question before and would like to run it by the PC Review Community for their ideas. I was asked if in Excel if I could create a formula that would change the color of a cell based upon the conditions of the formula. Does anyone have any ideas.

Thank you,
Denicamp

Hi and welcome to the forum.............
happywave.gif
happywave.gif

Yup it can be done. Tis called conditional formatting...Have a look here. That might be of some help to you, or at least give you a idea...:thumb:

Reaction score
Thank you so much Madxgraphics. That was so simple. I really did appreciate it. I had been looking it up on the web and it had all of these difficult formulas to use which still didn't work.

Thanks again!

Reaction score
Conditional formatting is one of my favourite tools in Excel! It's really useful!! :)

Reaction score
[font='Tahoma','sans-serif']Dear experts,

I've a table. Column A is for Phone numbers. I put a formula in
"Validation" to prevent duplicate records. It works well whenever I input
Phone numbers. However, it doesn't work when I pasted a duplicate Phone numbers from
another workbook. In this regard, please advise how to fix this problem so
that column A will also reject duplicate Phone numbers from paste function.

Thanks in advance.[/font]

[font='Tahoma','sans-serif'](e-mail address removed)[/font]

Reaction score
Excel formula dilemma

To whom it may concern,

I have a problem of extracting a certain column of names. Say example in column A having lots of names, some which got repetition. I need a formula to extract this names in column B, respectively, then the number of times those respective names occur. I tried using [=countif] formula but the names change from time to time. So, it'll be troublesome to key-in those names again & again.

Please HELP....!!!

Thank you..
My e-mail address: (e-mail address removed) (Thank you for the reply, in advance)

Last edited:

Ask a Question