Excel Desktop Icons: Changing Possible ?

Bob

Hello,

Using Excel 2007 and Windows 7

Have a pretty fair number of spreadsheets, and their icons, on my
desktop by now.

A few of them are most important, and used often.

Not too important, but was wondering if there is any easy way
to make their icons "distinctive" ?

e.g., rather than the default MS Excel icon, having it come up in a
different unique color perhaps ?

Or, a different icon alltogether ?

Or, ?

Thanks,
Bob

trip_to_tokyo

Hello,

Using Excel 2007 and Windows 7

Have a pretty fair number of spreadsheets, and their icons, on my
desktop by now.

A few of them are most important, and used often.

Not too important, but was wondering if there is any easy way
to make their icons "distinctive" ?

e.g., rather than the default MS Excel icon, having it come up in a
different unique color perhaps ?

Or, a different icon alltogether ?

Or, ?

Thanks,
Bob

Right click on the icon / Properties / Shortcut tab / Change
icon . . .

Select one of your choice and hit OK.

Bob

Hi,

Thank you.
Just what I was looking for.

BTW: any other (free) icon files available besides these that are
packaged with Windows 7 ?

Thanks again,
Bob
--------------------------

ken

Bob said:
BTW: any other (free) icon files available besides these that are
packaged with Windows 7 ?

Dunno if Windows 7 icons are specific to that version, but earlier
versions had squillions of icons available via a google search. I'd
hazard a guess that google will be your friend in this instance too :)

See ya
Ken

Joined
Mar 30, 2014
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
On Jun 25, 8:56*pm, Bob <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Using Excel 2007 and Windows 7
>
> Have a pretty fair number of spreadsheets, and their icons, on my
> desktop by now.
>
> A few of them are most important, and used often.
>
> Not too important, but was wondering if there is any easy way
> to make their icons "distinctive" ?
>
> e.g., rather than the default MS Excel icon, having it come up in a
> different unique color perhaps ?
>
> Or, a different icon alltogether ?
>
> Or, ?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

Right click on the icon / Properties / Shortcut tab / Change
icon . . .

Select one of your choice and hit OK.
This only works if the icon you want to change is a shortcut. If it is a file icon, you can't change it this way.