Excel Cursor

dcb1

(1) How can I change the border of the cursor to any color besides
black?

(2) How can I shade or fill in the cusor area to any color?

**** I have excel 2007 for my PC.

I would appreciate the help--- thanks!

Jim Cone

The type of cursor displayed is normally determined by a setting in Windows.
Although, you can change the cursor using VBA code in Excel.
Go to Control panel and double click "mouse".
You will see options to change the cursor.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"dcb1" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
(1) How can I change the border of the cursor to any color besides
black?
(2) How can I shade or fill in the cusor area to any color?
**** I have excel 2007 for my PC.
I would appreciate the help--- thanks!

dcb1

I appreciate your help; however, what I want to do is only change the
border of the cell (from black to any other color) my cursor selects
and not the actual cell from the spreadsheet. Or, change the color of
the cell temporarily being selected but not actually change the shade
of that cell within that spreadsheet which of course is easy. I hope
this makes sense.

Jim Cone

Pete gave you about the only option available.

You could upgrade to xl2003.
Or experiment with the color of the sheet gridlines. You might be able to get more contrast that way?
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

On Aug 12, 7:33 pm, "Jim Cone"
I appreciate your help; however, what I want to do is only change the
border of the cell (from black to any other color) my cursor selects
and not the actual cell from the spreadsheet. Or, change the color of
the cell temporarily being selected but not actually change the shade
of that cell within that spreadsheet which of course is easy. I hope
this makes sense.

dcb1

Thanks for taking the time to respond!