Excel - and the MS Windows Task Bar

Greg

Hello all,

I use Excel 2000, along with Windows 2000 prof. Until the
other day all was working well until I noticed not so
much a fault but something which has been bugging me.

When I'm working in different spread sheets I tend to
work anywhere up to 5 at a time, up until last week when
ever I had a different spread sheet open they would
appear as 5 opened spread sheets along the bottom of my
screen along the TASK BAR. Now only one occurence
appears, which means to get to each spread sheet I have
to click on Window and select the one I wish to work on!
very frustrating if you know what I mean.

I've looked but in vain for a fix. I can't decide whether
this is an Excel problem or Window 2000 one? when in
different word documents I get different little MS WORD
instances appear along the task bar.

Has anyone got any experience of this, if so any help
putting back to how it once was would be very much
appreciated.

Cheers

Greg

Chip Pearson

Greg,

In Excel, go to the Tools menu, choose Options, then the View
tab. There, uncheck the "Windows In Taskbar" setting.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

Gord Dibben

Greg

Tools>Options>View "Windows in Taskbar" must be enabled(checked)

If it is and still having a problem here's some additional assistance.

From a posting by Debra Dalgleish.............

There's some information in the following MSKB article:

OFF2000: Only One Icon Visible in Taskbar When "Windows in Taskbar"
Option Is Selected
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=215816

and the following advice from Dave Peterson

'==========================
From: Dave Peterson ([email protected])
Subject: Re: Toggle Function
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.misc
Date: 2003-10-22 18:42:08 PST

I like ctrl-tab (or ctrl-shift-tab) to cycle among the open workbooks.

(Ctrl-F6 and ctrl-shift-f6 will do the same.)

(and you didn't ask, but ctrl-PgUp and ctrl-pgdn cycle through the
worksheets in
the active workbook.)

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

Dave Peterson

And MSWord acts differently.

If the advice you got doesn't work, are you working with Shared workbooks?

If yes, then this bug (that turned off windows in taskbar) has been fixed in
xl2002.