Excel Excel 2010 giving user specified colors to chose from

Reaction score
Hi and thank you for taking the time to read this. :bow:

I have created a call sheet where the user would color code the caller's urgency, whether it is a multiple caller and if there are specific notes to follor through. The only problem with that is, its that its inconsistant. They would either highlight (color) the caller, the message and/or the subject. :blush:

I would like to limit the use of colors AND allow only certain colors be used as an option. Whether it be a macro button, scroll down....not sure how to go about this or how to call this to search via YouTube (as I have for many things but this....:confused:).

These are my column choices:
DATE TIME TIME ENTERED NUMBER CALLER PATIENT MRN SITE ...

I want the user to only be able to highlight the MRN and/or the CALLER....nothing else.

This is not conditional formatting because it has nothing to refer to.

Thank you and I appreciate all the help!
:dance:

Reaction score
Johfra, are you familiar with VBA coding? This will be necessary to accoplish your desired result.

Reaction score
Hi Sky Tucker,

I am slowly learning about VBA. I've watched tutorials on YouTube and checked here. I have managed to create a calendar pop-up (though still some glitches - but it works). I know what it does but not too knowledgable about it.

Reaction score
OK, after re-reading your original post it occurs to me that you could solve this problem using conditional formatting but you would need to add additional columns to reference your levels of urgency, multiple caller, etc. If that is not an option, I'm afraid that this would require some begginer to intermediate level VBA code to produce a solution.

Ask a Question