EXCEL 2010 Edit Custom List button doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Am using Excel 2010 professional. What should be simple operation isn't because the Edit Custom List button throws me back to the top of the Advanced screen instead of opening to provide dialog box for input of custom lists. What's wrong here?

Reaction score
Try the following and see if you still have an issue:
Go to Start | Run and type "excel.exe /safe" without the quotes.
Try to make the change after Excel opens that way.

Reaction score
Tried again following a much longer route and did get to excel.exe/safe. A new EXCEL workbook opened in safe mode but most of the options were grayed out including Advanced which is where the Edit Custom List button that isn't functioning is located. (I have another computer at home with the same Excel program (I think) and have no difficulty whatever with this option. What can be the issue with this program on my office computer?

Reaction score
Little bit late to answer, but I ran this week in the same issue and solved it (lucky me :) ).
Custom lists are filled with a few default values (weekdays and months) when installing Office. These values are depending on the region settings (not language, but region) at the moment of installation. When you change the region settings after installation you can't add a custom list anymore. Solve the problem by changing the custom setting to the one at the moment of the Office installation.

Reaction score
Little bit late to answer, but I ran this week in the same issue and solved it (lucky me :) ).
Custom lists are filled with a few default values (weekdays and months) when installing Office. These values are depending on the region settings (not language, but region) at the moment of installation. When you change the region settings after installation you can't add a custom list anymore. Solve the problem by changing the custom setting to the one at the moment of the Office installation.
That's my case. I want to change the region. What do you mean changing the custom setting? Where? In excel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question