Excel 2007Warning, "The following fetures cannot be saved in a macro-free workbook:

BobR

Hello, Office 2007 specifically Excel 2007 Win XP Proof
I'm getting a msg block while in Excel Microsoft Office

"The following features cannot be saved in macro free workbooks.

VB Project
To save a file with these features, click no, and then choose a macro -
enabled file type in the file type list.
To continue saving as a macro freee workbook, click yes.

I have no idea what it means and can't find a reference in any book. Could
someone let me to understand and how to activate macros in 2007
Thanks in advance

Gary Keramidas

you need to save the file as a different type, .xlsm.

XML file type Extension
Workbook .xlsx
Macro-enabled workbook .xlsm
Template .xltx
Macro-enabled template .xltm
Non-XML binary workbook .xlsb
Macro-enabled add-in .xlam

BobR

Thanks Gary, WIll that still make the file work on 2003 and XP. I've been
saving the file as 97-2003 xls for compatability.
BOB

Darren Hill

If you've been saving as xls, I don't think you should be getting that
message. I get it when I save as .xlsx, but not .xls or .xlsm.

Darren

Gary Keramidas

if you save it as an xls, you should not get that message, but you would lose
any of the new features in 2007, like some of the conditional formatting options
and the expanded rows and columns.

if you try saving as an xlsx, the 2007 default, you will get that message if you
have any macros.

BobR

Unfortunately I have to save as xls, and that's all I've been doing it with
because of other computers that I am working with. I get this message on the
97-2003 saving of the xls worksheet and I've got a lot of macros in it. I'll
have to do some more homework, thanks so much guys and girls..
BOB

Jim Rech

I'll have to do some more homework

I agree<g>. Echoing what Darren and Gary said, I've saved workbooks plenty
of times in the xls, 97-03, format with no macro warning.

Bob,
If you're still having this issue, go to the office button at the upper left
corner of the Excel program window.
Click on the "Excel Options" button at the bottom of that pop-up. It will
then open another window. Look for "Trust Center" at the left side. Click on
that, and work your way through that.
You'll then look for "Trust Center Settings."
Click on that, and you'll find where you can disable, or enable your macros
to work in all, or only certain workbooks.
This should resolve your problems.

Pavan Kotharu

Hi Steve,

Thanks, Your suggestion worked for me.

Regards
pavan

SteveDB wrote:

Bob,If you're still having this issue, go to the office button at the upper
05-Jun-07

:

Excel 2007Warning, "The following fetures cannot be saved in a macro-free workbook:
Hello, Office 2007 specifically Excel 2007 Win XP Proo
I'm getting a msg block while in Excel Microsoft Offic

"The following features cannot be saved in macro free workbooks

VB Projec
To save a file with these features, click no, and then choose a macro -
enabled file type in the file type list
To continue saving as a macro freee workbook, click yes

I have no idea what it means and can't find a reference in any book. Could
someone let me to understand and how to activate macros in 200
Thanks in advance

you need to save the file as a different type, .xlsm.
you need to save the file as a different type, .xlsm

XML file type Extensio
Workbook .xls
Macro-enabled workbook .xls
Template .xlt
Macro-enabled template .xlt
Non-XML binary workbook .xls
Macro-enabled add-in .xla

--

Gar

Thanks Gary, WIll that still make the file work on 2003 and XP.
Thanks Gary, WIll that still make the file work on 2003 and XP. I have bee
[...]

"Gary Keramidas" <GKeramidasATmsn.com> wrote in message

I agree<g>.
I agree<g>. Echoing what Darren and Gary said, I have saved workbooks plent
of times in the xls, 97-03, format with no macro warning

-
Jim

Bob,If you're still having this issue, go to the office button at the upper
Bob
If you're still having this issue, go to the office button at the upper left
corner of the Excel program window.
Click on the "Excel Options" button at the bottom of that pop-up. It will
then open another window. Look for "Trust Center" at the left side. Click on
that, and work your way through that.
You'll then look for "Trust Center Settings."
Click on that, and you'll find where you can disable, or enable your macros
to work in all, or only certain workbooks.
This should resolve your problems.

:

WPF Customized Find Control for FlowDocuments
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...3-721a40cf910c/wpf-customized-find-contr.aspx