    I have no idea what it means and can't find a reference in any book. Could
    someone let me to understand and how to activate macros in 2007
    Thanks in advance

    BobR, Apr 7, 2007

  2. you need to save the file as a different type, .xlsm.

    XML file type Extension
    Workbook .xlsx
    Macro-enabled workbook .xlsm
    Template .xltx
    Macro-enabled template .xltm
    Non-XML binary workbook .xlsb
    Macro-enabled add-in .xlam

    --

    Gary

    Gary Keramidas, Apr 7, 2007

  3. BobR

    BobR Guest

    Thanks Gary, WIll that still make the file work on 2003 and XP. I've been
    saving the file as 97-2003 xls for compatability.
    BOB

    BobR, Apr 7, 2007
  4. BobR

    Darren Hill Guest

    If you've been saving as xls, I don't think you should be getting that
    message. I get it when I save as .xlsx, but not .xls or .xlsm.

    Darren

    Darren Hill, Apr 7, 2007
  5. if you save it as an xls, you should not get that message, but you would lose
    any of the new features in 2007, like some of the conditional formatting options
    and the expanded rows and columns.

    if you try saving as an xlsx, the 2007 default, you will get that message if you
    have any macros.

    --

    Gary

    Gary Keramidas, Apr 7, 2007
  6. BobR

    BobR Guest

    Unfortunately I have to save as xls, and that's all I've been doing it with
    because of other computers that I am working with. I get this message on the
    97-2003 saving of the xls worksheet and I've got a lot of macros in it. I'll
    have to do some more homework, thanks so much guys and girls..

    BobR, Apr 7, 2007
  7. BobR

    Jim Rech Guest

    >> I'll have to do some more homework

    I agree<g>. Echoing what Darren and Gary said, I've saved workbooks plenty
    of times in the xls, 97-03, format with no macro warning.

    --
    Jim

    Jim Rech, Apr 7, 2007
  8. BobR

    Guest Guest

    Re: Excel 2007Warning, "The following fetures cannot be saved in a

    Bob,
    If you're still having this issue, go to the office button at the upper left
    corner of the Excel program window.
    Click on the "Excel Options" button at the bottom of that pop-up. It will
    then open another window. Look for "Trust Center" at the left side. Click on
    that, and work your way through that.
    You'll then look for "Trust Center Settings."
    Click on that, and you'll find where you can disable, or enable your macros
    to work in all, or only certain workbooks.
    This should resolve your problems.

    Guest, Jun 5, 2007
  9. Reply to Steve

    Hi Steve,

    Thanks, Your suggestion worked for me.

    Regards
    pavan

    SteveDB wrote:

    Bob,If you're still having this issue, go to the office button at the upper
    05-Jun-07

    Bob
    If you're still having this issue, go to the office button at the upper left
    corner of the Excel program window
    Click on the "Excel Options" button at the bottom of that pop-up. It will
    then open another window. Look for "Trust Center" at the left side. Click on
    that, and work your way through that.
    You'll then look for "Trust Center Settings.
    Click on that, and you'll find where you can disable, or enable your macros
    to work in all, or only certain workbooks
    This should resolve your problems

    "Jim Rech" wrote:

    On Saturday, April 07, 2007 1:01 AM
    BobR wrote:

    Excel 2007Warning, "The following fetures cannot be saved in a macro-free workbook:
    Hello, Office 2007 specifically Excel 2007 Win XP Proo
    I'm getting a msg block while in Excel Microsoft Offic

    "The following features cannot be saved in macro free workbooks

    VB Projec
    To save a file with these features, click no, and then choose a macro -
    enabled file type in the file type list
    To continue saving as a macro freee workbook, click yes

    I have no idea what it means and can't find a reference in any book. Could
    someone let me to understand and how to activate macros in 200
    Thanks in advance

    On Saturday, April 07, 2007 1:22 AM
    Gary Keramidas wrote:

    you need to save the file as a different type, .xlsm.
    you need to save the file as a different type, .xlsm

    XML file type Extensio
    Workbook .xls
    Macro-enabled workbook .xls
    Template .xlt
    Macro-enabled template .xlt
    Non-XML binary workbook .xls
    Macro-enabled add-in .xla

    --

    Gar

    "BobR" <> wrote in message

    On Saturday, April 07, 2007 2:00 AM
    BobR wrote:

    Thanks Gary, WIll that still make the file work on 2003 and XP.
    Thanks Gary, WIll that still make the file work on 2003 and XP. I have bee
    saving the file as 97-2003 xls for compatability
    BOB

    On Saturday, April 07, 2007 2:29 AM
    Darren Hill wrote:

    If you've been saving as xls, I don't think you should be getting that
    If you've been saving as xls, I don't think you should be getting that
    message. I get it when I save as .xlsx, but not .xls or .xlsm

    Darre

    On Sat, 07 Apr 2007 07:00:46 +0100, BobR <> wrote

    On Saturday, April 07, 2007 2:43 AM
    Gary Keramidas wrote:

    if you save it as an xls, you should not get that message, but you would lose
    if you save it as an xls, you should not get that message, but you would lose
    any of the new features in 2007, like some of the conditional formatting options
    and the expanded rows and columns

    if you try saving as an xlsx, the 2007 default, you will get that message if you
    have any macros

    --

    Gar

    "BobR" <> wrote in message

    On Saturday, April 07, 2007 6:38 AM
    BobR wrote:

    Unfortunately I have to save as xls, and that's all I've been doing it with
    Unfortunately I have to save as xls, and that's all I've been doing it with
    because of other computers that I am working with. I get this message on the
    97-2003 saving of the xls worksheet and I've got a lot of macros in it. I'll
    have to do some more homework, thanks so much guys and girls.
    BO

    "Gary Keramidas" <GKeramidasATmsn.com> wrote in message

    On Saturday, April 07, 2007 1:30 PM
    Jim Rech wrote:

    I agree<g>.
    I agree<g>. Echoing what Darren and Gary said, I have saved workbooks plent
    of times in the xls, 97-03, format with no macro warning

    -
    Jim

    On Tuesday, June 05, 2007 12:26 PM
    SteveDB wrote:

    Bob,If you're still having this issue, go to the office button at the upper
    Bob
    If you're still having this issue, go to the office button at the upper left
    corner of the Excel program window.
    Click on the "Excel Options" button at the bottom of that pop-up. It will
    then open another window. Look for "Trust Center" at the left side. Click on
    that, and work your way through that.
    You'll then look for "Trust Center Settings."
    Click on that, and you'll find where you can disable, or enable your macros
    to work in all, or only certain workbooks.
    This should resolve your problems.

    "Jim Rech" wrote:

    WPF Customized Find Control for FlowDocuments
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...3-721a40cf910c/wpf-customized-find-contr.aspx

    Pavan Kotharu, May 20, 2010