Excel Excel 2003 View Problem

Reaction score
Hello. We have an Excel 2003 file that has an interesting view problem on one of our computers. The file opens, but the main Excel window is blank. However, if you switch to Print Preview mode, you can see a preview of the spreadsheet. Swtich back to editing mode, and you cannot see anything. Does anyone have any suggestions? We can see the worksheet fine on other computers. Also, I've resaved the file to a different name and it does the same thing.
Thank you.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
welcome to PCR

sounds like maybe in a blank area of the worksheet, what happens if you press the "home" key ?

err, hang on, that may not work in Excel, cant remember

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/shortx2k.htm

ah, it's hold the Ctrl key down and hit Home. :D

Then again, you may be set on one of the other "views" that are available ... after that, I'm of no further help. ;)

:user:

Reaction score
If that does not work, I have 2 suggestions. One would be paste values, then formulas to a new document.

The other would be to create a new document and then make cell A1 of new doc = to cell A1 of old doc. Be sure to remove $ in new doc and then copy this formula for the entire range old document covers.

Sometimes it's not worth figuring out what's wrong if you can just get past it and move on.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Ask a Question