Can't create a report from my query in Access

Reaction score
Hello, I am working on my first access database and hopefully have a problem that is simple to solve.

I have a query that successfully pulls data from several tables. However when I try to create a report using report wizard I get the following error message
"The wizard is unable to preview your report, possibly because another user has a source table open in exclusive mode. Your report will be opened in design view."
My database is on a share site but nobody else has opened it. I'm confused because the query works but it can't seem to generate a report. I've tried eliminating one field at a time and seem to hit a snag when I include the fields that allow multiple entries.

When I tried to switch from design view to report view, I get a message "The multi-valued field "[Wound Type]' cannot be used in an ORDER BY clause." What does that mean? Is there a way to navigate around it?

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Ask a Question