Excel Excel 2003 "If" function

Reaction score
This function IF(C10=$BX$5,$BO$4,"")....... is written in cells BX10:BX500.......
and work correctly in single row, but every time the new row start, for sample: .....IF(C11=$BX$5,$BO$4,"")
data in previous cell BX in that case BX10 disappear.

Data in C10:C500 is in every row different

Data in BX5 is changeable, but at list once identical with data in C10:C500

Data in BO4 is changeable and depends on other calculations

I would like to achieve formula that prevent that disappearing.

Is that possible???

Please help

Reaction score
I think I know the problem here, and let me know if I'm misunderstanding. You have a value, let's say 1 in BX5 which is the same value you have in C10 (1). So when you put the formula in BX10, you see the value in BO4(let's say ABC). Now, you have a value in C11 that is 2. You move the formula down to BX11, but it's blank. You change the value in BX5 to 2 so that C11 matches. Now BX10 will be blank because the value in C10 doesn't match BX5. This formula will only match one at a time because it is going to recalculate whenever you change a cell. Does that seem to be the problem you are having? You will only get a value in every row in column BX if you have duplicate values in column C that can match BX5 more than once.

Ask a Question