Event ID: 4281 (IPSec)

Leo Perrero

First of all thanks for readig this and the help!

After installing a windows driver update directly from
Microsoft I get a failed service notice and a log in the
event viewer. Event ID: 4281 Source (IPSec) "Unable to
allocate required resources".

Any ideas?

Gary Fose [MSFT]

Hi Leo,

This is caused by third party software. Here are a couple of known ones but it could be
another on your system. You will have to search your system to find the offending software
and uninstall it.

Problem caused by having the spartacom software installed. Spartacom support fixed
the problem by configuring their service not to use COMSPY.

Uninstall NETIQ software. It wont do to just disable the services You may be bale
to access system by using an alternate system registry hive.

Thanks,
Gary

--------------------
'--'From: "Leo Perrero" <[email protected]>
'--'Sender: "Leo Perrero" <[email protected]>
'--'Subject: Event ID: 4281 (IPSec)
'--'Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 10:26:56 -0800
'--'Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.networking
'--'

--

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included
script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best
directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.