Event ID 12294

Gary

Hi All,

our server got the following error message from the 2000 AD:

"The Sam database was unable to lockout the account of due to a resource
error, such as a hard disk write failure (the specific error code is in the
error data). Accounts are locked after a certain number of bad passwords are
provided so please consider resetting the password of the account mentioned
above".

We tried to reboot the server and applied the SP but we got the same error
message.

Best Regards,
GARY.

Sriram.V

Hi Gary

The even id 12294 will have an error data , You must get that to get more
information on this error . I am sending you couple of links where you can
get more information on this issue

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;306091

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;824209&Product=winsv
r2003

Thank you

Regards

Sriram.V
--------------------
| From: "Gary" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Event ID 12294
| Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 13:29:38 +0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory
|
| Hi All,
|
| our server got the following error message from the 2000 AD:
|
| "The Sam database was unable to lockout the account of due to a resource
| error, such as a hard disk write failure (the specific error code is in
the
| error data). Accounts are locked after a certain number of bad passwords
are
| provided so please consider resetting the password of the account
mentioned
| above".
|
| We tried to reboot the server and applied the SP but we got the same error
| message.
|
| Best Regards,
| GARY.

(e-mail address removed)