P

Penny

I have recently been getting a message that says: ESSSPK
MFC Application has encountered a problem and needs to
close. Then it asks "send error report"? I do, but it
happens again the next day. I have no idea what this is
or what it means. HELP. Thanks

G

I have done some searching for you and it maybe that you have an ESS Technologies modem. If so, this may or may not be because you need to get the XP drivers from them for your modem. Please give us a little more infomation like that contained in your control panel\administrative tools\ event viewer\system or application log. Look for the red X corresponding to the time you had this problem and double click it to open a details window and then give us what it says. If you don't want this error reporting then turn the feature off in control panel\system\advanced tab\error reporting button and then put a dot in Disable error reporting and a check mark in "but send an administrative alert" While you're here click the startup and recovery "settings" button and then uncheck everything accept "send an administative alert" and in the drop down list under debugging choose "none" . This saves system resources and you wouldn't know what to do with this anyway. Welcome to XP. :~)

Ask a Question