Scheduler MFC Application Error

Brad

Each day when I log on, I get an error message:

"Scheduler MFC Application has encountered a
problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the
inconvenience."

Feng Mao

Hi Brad,

Thank you for posting here!

According to my experience, such problem must be related a startup
application. To isolate the cause of this issue, let us perform clean boot
to isolate the problem. To clean boot:

1. Click Start (menu), Point to Run (menu) and then type "MSCONFIG"
(without quotation marks) and then press OK to start the System
Configuration Utility.

Note: To create a clean environment for troubleshooting, you must be logged
on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group in order to
complete this procedure. If your computer is connected to a network,
network policy settings might also prevent you from completing this
procedure.

2. On the Services (tab), check Hide All Microsoft Services (option) and
then uncheck all items in the list.

3. On the Startup (tab), uncheck all items in the list.

4. Click Ok (button) and then restart the machine.

5. After Windows starts, determine whether the symptoms are still present.

6. If the problem is solved, please go back to MSCONFIG to check some
checkbox and try again until we find the cause of your problem.

7. If the problem occurs with MSCONFIG in a Clean Boot Environment, then it
may be driver related, and we would need to start disabling non-critical
devices in Device Manager, like sound, external devices, modems, etc...

For more information about clean boot, please refer to KB article Q310353:
How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows XP
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=310353).

Have a nice day!

Thanks & Regards,

Feng Mao [MSFT], MCSE