Windows XP error

Reaction score
RUNDLL
Error loading C:\windows\system32\NvMcTray.dll
the specified module could not be found

search micro soft hlp and support - nothing there - all i got was
http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?InCC_hdn=true&Catalog=LCID%3D2057%26CDID%3DEN-US-KB%26PRODLISTSRC%3DON&QuerySource=gASr_Query&Product=msall&Queryc=NvMcTray.dll&Query=NvMcTray.dll&KeywordType=ANY&maxResults=25&Titles=false&numDays=&InCC=on] Help[/url]

any help ?

also the link a little big - could some1 tell me how to make it (here) as in a button?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
When you are writing a post, highlite the text you want to be a link, then at the top of the screen, there will be a pic of a chain and the world, click this then type in the address

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Tried to edit your link there, GGU, and appear to have made a right balls-up of it :( I added the url thingies but for some reason it didn't work. What is it with this Vb V4.0?

Anyway, sorry about that mate, would you like to post the link again?

Reaction score
thax for ur reply guys - and don't worry about that link it was useless

has any1 got and idear what cosin the error?

Reaction score
GGU.. ive just had a quick look on my system to see if i had this.. which i dont... NvMcTray.dll.. the only thing that i can think is maybe there is some relic of a command left trying to load that file after an application has been deleted....

Or you may have removed an application recently that shares the .dll file with windows.... Ill stop here because i know not of what i talk about..:)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Spooky Mouse said:
GGU.. ive just had a quick look on my system to see if i had this.. which i dont... NvMcTray.dll.. the only thing that i can think is maybe there is some relic of a command left trying to load that file after an application has been deleted....

Or you may have removed an application recently that shares the .dll file with windows.... Ill stop here because i know not of what i talk about..:)
think ur close m8 - could well be something the virus. spy,aware, or registry mechanic deleted and left something behind - i get 2 error at start up - both the same
if any1 not got any idears then i migth have to try reinstallin windows

Reaction score
GGU i think i may have found the problem for you....

You have a Nvidia graphics adaptor i bet...

Try this.. to get rid of your error:

1) Go to the nVidia sie and download the latest driver.

2)Uninstall your old display adapter and then reboot.

3) Go through the messages about being in VGA mode, etc.

4) Disbale your anti-virus program, then install the new nVidia driver. (The setup wizard will stop the install and tell you to turn it off and start over if your AV program is running.)

5) Reboot. Problem gone.

... please let me know if this works... :)... thanks

Ask a Question