Error

For some reason the print spooler serve suddenly stoped. We eventualy
figured this out when no one could print or see any printers. I quickly
restarted the service. In the system log it displays a Even ID 2510 and a
description The server service was unable to map error code 1727. What does
this error mean?

Dave Patrick

E:\>net helpmsg 1727
returns with
The remote procedure call failed and did not execute.

This article may help or it may have just been the result of the spooler
stopping.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;199915

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

:
| For some reason the print spooler serve suddenly stoped. We eventualy
| figured this out when no one could print or see any printers. I quickly
| restarted the service. In the system log it displays a Even ID 2510 and a
| description The server service was unable to map error code 1727. What
does
| this error mean?

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hello George,

Thank you for using newsgroup and thanks for Dave's notifications!

Based on my research, if you have installed the JetAdmin software from HP
or Xerox print language monitor on the problematic Windows 2000 machine,
this problem can occur if the monitor is corrupted or outdated. The similar
issue is most likely related to any other third party printer driver or
software. I will suggest you temporarily remove the third party software to
see if the Print Spooler service stops.

Regarding the Event ID 2510, you may refer to the following link:
<http://www.microsoft.com/technet/support/ee/result.aspx?EvtSrc=NCP+Server&E
vtID=2510&ProdName=Windows+Operating+System&LCID=1033&ProdVer=5.0>

More Related Information:
================
888206: The Print Spooler service may stop frequently and you may receive a
Dr. Watson error message when you try to access the printer on a Windows
2000-based print server
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;888206

330301: Event 2510 is Logged on a Windows 2000 Server-based Server
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330301

165082: Err Msg: Event ID 2510: The Server Service Was Unable to Map Error
Code 1797
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;165082

Hope the information helps!

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao

Microsoft Online Partner Support

Newsgroup Web Interface Upgrade
Please complete a one-time registration process on your first visit to the
Partner Portal beginning July 11, 2005 at 9 A.M. PST by entering the secure
code mspp2005 when prompted. This secure code will be valid for 6 months
after which you will need to update your registration by entering the new
secure code. We will post announcements in the newsgroups prior to
expiration. Once you have entered the secure code mspp2005 , you will be
able to update your profile and access the the partner newsgroups. Please
update your Favorites link to the newsgroups web page, your current link
will redirect until November 1, 2005.
Please post any comment, questions or concerns to the
microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback newsgroup. For more
information, please go to:
https://partner.microsoft.com/global/technicalsupport/registeredsupport/4001
4662

| From: "=?Utf-8?B?R2VvcmdlIFNjaG5laWRlcg==?="