Error when importing 2003 .pst file into 2002 outlook gotta fix?

I have two computers one w/Oulook 2003 SP2 and the other w/Outlook 2002. When
I export a .pst file out of 2003 and try to import it into 2002 i get an
error message saying the .pst file is not compatable with 2002.

Yet using settings, under Data File Management indicates the saved .pst file
has a format of:
Personal Folders File (97-2002)
Suggesting that 2003 is saving the .pst file in a format importable into the
older 2002 Outlook

Any suggestions on how to export out of 2003 and into 2002.

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Any PST file you export from Outlook 2003 will be in the new format, not
Outlook 97-2002 format.
Exporting is never the correct way to transfer Outlook data. If you want to
create a PST file in the old format use File > New > Outlook Data File. That
is the only place you can designate the format of the file. Exporting will
not permit you to designate a format.
Once you create the file in the correct format, copy your data into it.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
news:[email protected]...