Error trying to post here.

What is "synchronize"?

Don Varnau said:
I'm not sure that I understand the question. You will have to download the
newsgroups list. You will have to synchronize any group you subscribe to.
I'd suggest from the Newsgroups List (the ones you have subscribed to)
select a group> Settings> check Headers only. There's no reason to download
all messages. Once you have a group open for reading, go to Tools> Get next
XXX headers to get caught up.

This gets very easy with a little practice. Youll be seeing newsgroups the
way they should be seen.

Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

***Wolverine*** said:
Ok, this is getting imbarrassing. I set up an account for
msnews.microsoft.com in Outlook Express. I tried to find this newsgroup in
the list. I "subscribed" to two of them. When I clicked on
"msnews.microsoft.com", it asked if I wanted to download about 1000
newsgroups. I think this was the list I just picked from in my regular list.
Are the two accounts different?
Don Varnau said:
Hi,
Frank is suggesting that you *should* use OE to access newsgroups. The web
interface is getting better, but it's still awkward. Try setting up OE to
get the MS newsgroups.
See: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/resources/communities.htm

HTH,
Don

"***Wolverine***" <Wolverine[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
As far as I know, I am not using my e-mail to post. My Outlook Express
isn't even open.

:

Perhaps if you used a news reader like Outlook Express instead of the
Web interface?
In OE go to Tools | Accounts | Add (or New) | News.
Set up an account for this news server:

msnews.microsoft.com

The server is free and does not require you to logon. This news server
carries over 2200 newsgroups related to Microsoft products and keeps
messages at least 30 days.