Error Message

: "Error: iexplore.exe - Application Error. The instruction at "0x180036e4"
referenced memory at "0x01643c48". The memory could not be "read". Click on
OK to terminate the program." I clicked on OK.. then

Don Varnau

Hi,
This is usually caused by another program- often malware.

Download and run CWShredder, Ad-aware, Spybot.
See: http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
Also note the security tips and other important information on that page.

Additional information at:
The Parasite Fight http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
More security tips at http://www.aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
Bugs, Glitches & Stuffups: http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/Darnit.htm

If unsuccessful with those programs, start at
http://forum.aumha.org/viewtopic.php?t=4075 Then go to
http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm Work through the preliminary cleaning
steps, then post a HijackThis log to the forum at

Or...
A legitimate program running in the background may be causing this. Disable
(for diagnostic purposes) programs such as pop-up blockers, security,
toolbars, anti-virus, etc. Look at any program that might be interfering
with IE. You may have to reinstall, or not reinstall, a program.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"Error: iexplore.exe - Application Error." <Error: iexplore.exe -
Application (e-mail address removed)> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...