Error Message Thread

Reaction score
Hi, if anyone can help with this I'd be hugely grateful and impressed.

Twice in the past seven months my PC has started randomly crashing. It's been fixed by an IT guy in work who said that the first time it was corrupted registry files and the second time by a driver that he had disabled, I think was to do with my old modem. I've now got a work funded wireless router and things have been fine. Until the last week when the random dying started again with System Error log giving the problems below. Any ideas?

First one:

A new media server was not initialized because WMCreateDeviceRegistration() encountered error '0xc00d2751'. The Windows Media DRM components on your computer might be corrupted. Verify that protected files play correctly in Windows Media Player, and then restart the WMPNetworkSvc service.

Second one:

Error code 00000019, parameter1 00000020, parameter2 e39ec4f8, parameter3 e39ec510, parameter4 0c030801.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

SUpdate

I've noticed this Hotfix update form Windows conincided with the problems, does anyone think it could be related?

Last edited:
Reaction score
csdavies24 said:
First one:
csdavies24 said:
A new media server was not initialized because WMCreateDeviceRegistration() encountered error '0xc00d2751'. The Windows Media DRM components on your computer might be corrupted. Verify that protected files play correctly in Windows Media Player, and then restart the WMPNetworkSvc service.

For this one go Here and upgrade This should solve your first problem..As for the second problem, i'll try get back to you on it as soon as I find an answer...

Reaction score
As for your 2nd problem, there are a few reasons this could happen..Most I foubnd pointed me towards having the latest Service Pack installed..HAve you updated to the latest Service Pack for your O/S...??? Try this and see what happens

Reaction score
Thanks for that. I've now removed the WMP problem and stopped the computer searching for an old driver that was causing problems (Sagem modem one). But I'm still getting problems with the other one. It is weird because sometimes the computer can be on for hours without a problem and then out of the blue it will just crash.
I've done a diagnostic on the ram etc with PC Doctor which doesn't show up any probs so I'm becoming pretty stumped, not to say hacked off. But thanks for your help. Anything you can suggest for the error code problem would be appreciated. Thanks again.

Reaction score
What OS are you currently using..? Also what is the spec of your machine...??The latter would help in knowing if it is worth upgrading your OS...

Ask a Question