error message on bootup

Carefree

I am running Windows 2000 pro and I get this error message
on every bootup.

"mqsvc.exe has generated errors and will be closed by
windows"

I have searched Microsoft & the web and cannot find any
answer on how to resolve this. I have tried repairing the
system files & turning off the Microsoft Message Queue
Service, which is what this file belongs to, I think. Any
help is appreciated.

Rashmi.K.Y [MSFT]

Hi,

I understand that when the system boots up, the system displays the
following error.

"Mqsvc.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows"

Please follow the instructions below and check if it resolves the issue.

WARNING: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that
may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot
guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor
can be solved.

Note: please backup the registry before performing these steps.

1. Click Start, Run, type regedit.exe in the Run box, and click OK.
2. In Registry Editor, navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\msmq

3. Edit the Start value to change its data value to 4.
4. Close Registry Editor.
5. Restart the computer to take effect.
6. Does this problem reoccur this time?

2. Perform the following steps to go to Safe Mode to see if this issue
occurs again.
1) Reboot the computer.
2) When the Starting Windows screen shows, press F8.
3) Select Safe Mode and press Enter.
4) Log on as Administrator.
5) Does this issue occur in Safe Mode?

If the Message queue service is not being used, please disable this service

If the issue is not resolved, please reinstall message queue service.

Hope the issue is resolved.

Thank you,

Rashmi

| From: "Carefree" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "Carefree" <[email protected]>
| Subject: error message on bootup
| Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 14:22:07 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.general
|
| I am running Windows 2000 pro and I get this error message
| on every bootup.
|
| "mqsvc.exe has generated errors and will be closed by
| windows"
|
| I have searched Microsoft & the web and cannot find any
| answer on how to resolve this. I have tried repairing the
| system files & turning off the Microsoft Message Queue
| Service, which is what this file belongs to, I think. Any
| help is appreciated.

nesredep egrob

I am running Windows 2000 pro and I get this error message
on every bootup.

"mqsvc.exe has generated errors and will be closed by
windows"

I have searched Microsoft & the web and cannot find any
answer on how to resolve this. I have tried repairing the
system files & turning off the Microsoft Message Queue
Service, which is what this file belongs to, I think. Any
help is appreciated.
most likely caused by a virus. Download Stinger
http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/
a McAfee program FOC - it will find the virus and destroy it.

B.Pedersen Latitude -31,48.21 Longitude115,47.40 Time=GMT+8.00
If you are curious look here http://www.mapquest.com/maps/latlong.adp