Error message help needed

I have tried to install a chess program (Fritz 10) on a machine running
Vista.

Here is the detailed error message I get when trying to run the program.

'The application has failed to start because its side by side configuration
is incorrect.. Please see the application event log for more detail,'

The install seemed to run fine, just as it has on win XP machines.

Can anyone tell me where to start, in as much detail as possible, in order
to rectify the situation ?
Thanks in advance,
Brad

webster72n

"B" wrote in message
I have tried to install a chess program (Fritz 10) on a machine running
Vista.

Here is the detailed error message I get when trying to run the program.

'The application has failed to start because its side by side configuration
is incorrect.. Please see the application event log for more detail,'

Obviously you can find your answer in the event log once you look it up.
Just type "event log" (w/o the question marks) in your "Start Search".

Harry.